P2P Function #1
- When P2P is well used, load to the server can be reduced and responsiveness of games can be increased.
- However, implementing a reliable P2P directly is very hard.
ProudNet supports an easy-to-use and powerful P2P Function.
- P2P function of ProudNet operates reliably based on many experiences.
- P2P can be used for server-to-server communication.
- Superpeer can be selected and utilized.
P2P communication is used for voice chatting and character movement synchronization
with its natural ability of being able to lower server loads and raising response times.
- ProudNet allows developers to use simplified APIs for Client-to-Server and Client-to-Client connections.(There is no need to complicate a program source in handling various P2P connection states
such as connection waiting, or checking disconnection in unstable network)
- ProudNet is equipped with Hole-punching and relay feature – server
relay related operations only take place in the inner part of ProudNet.
(Developers do not need to build Hole-punching and relay feature separately)
- ProudNet’s P2P communication has no wait time in connection.
This allows games with lobby could start a game immediately without delays,
and MMORPG games to use both C2C and C2S communications in world synchronization.
P2P faces no problem in areas where there is good broadband Internet in place.
This could be hardly the case in countries and regions like China, Southeast Asia,
etc where there are ADSL2+ or lines under the speed. It is because the speed of P2P communications is low.
If you don’t handle it well, many problems occur in P2P communications.
Even NAT routers would stop working. To prevent the problem, ProudNet has
- Function that uses server relay for more than a certain amount of transmission
- Function of reducing packets